WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time
The Health of Mothers and Their Offspring: Poor Diet Will Affect Future Generations.
According to a recent health research posted on the website of National Institute of Health on June 28, 2016, “Poor Maternal Diet Affects Future Generations of Mice.”
In this article written by Carol Torgan, PhD., “More than half of all pregnant women in the United States are overweight or obese. Babies born to obese mothers are at risk for developing obesity, heart disease, and diabetes as adults. There is some evidence that the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of obese women might also inherit a risk of metabolic problems.” This scenario is very scary, because the second generation and third generations’ health will be in jeopardy if the mother has poor health.
The Results of a Recent Research
Dr. Carol Torgan states In her article that “A team led by Dr. Kelle H. Moley at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis set out to better understand how a mother’s health influences the health of her offspring. The research was supported by NIH’s Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). Results were published on June 28, 2016, in Cell Reports.
- The researchers fed female mice a high fat, high sugar diet. The diet was 59% fat, 26% carbohydrate (17% sucrose), and 15% protein. The mice ate the diet for 6 weeks—from before conception until weaning. A control group of mice ate a regular diet of 13% fat, 62% carbohydrate, and 25% protein.
- The female mice mated with male mice fed a regular diet. The scientists monitored the next 3 generations of female offspring. These subsequent generations were all fed a regular diet and mated with males fed a regular diet.
- The female mice fed the high fat, high sugar diet became obese and developed metabolic syndrome. They had high blood levels of glucose, cholesterol, and triglycerides.
- The female offspring (daughters) born to these obese mothers weren’t obese, but had abnormal glucose and insulin levels compared to the female offspring of mice feed a normal diet. They also had metabolic abnormalities in their fat and muscle tissues.
- The scientists found that all 3 generations of female offspring from the mothers that ate the poor diet had abnormal mitochondria in their muscles. Mitochondria produce energy and play a key role in metabolism. They contain their own DNA and are passed from a mother to her daughters.
- The daughters and granddaughters of the obese mothers were found to have abnormal mitochondria in their eggs. The researchers surmise that the mother’s diet-induced metabolic disorders may have been passed down through her eggs. The transfer of abnormal mitochondria in the eggs might have contributed to the development of metabolic disorders in the offspring.
- “Our data are the first to show that pregnant mouse mothers with metabolic syndrome can transmit dysfunctional mitochondria through the female bloodline to 3 generations,” Moley says. “Importantly, our study indicates oocytes—or mothers’ eggs—may carry information that programs mitochondrial dysfunction throughout the entire organism.” https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/poor-maternal-diet-affects-future-generations-mice
In conclusion, what we can learn from this research project is that pregnant women should place high value on their overall health before, during and after pregnancy, because the health of expectant mothers has profound influence on the health of their children and great-grandchildren.
Related articles across the web
Community service is one of those things that give real meaning to life. There is nothing rewarding and fulfilling as to lend a helping hand to those who cannot repay you in kind! All around us, there are a lot of people who need help from those who are better off. No one will ever wish to be born into poverty however, because of one reason or another; some of us end in this state of destitution. For this reason, it is proper to help the underprivileged.
There are a lot of people, not only in the remote places outside of civilization, who need help, but also, those living in the city slums. Some of us are fortunate enough to enjoy three square meals a day. However most of these disadvantaged fellow human beings barely go through the day with enough meal just for survival. Others get nothing at all. They go hungry for days with no hope in sight.
Wasting Food While Millions Are Dying of Hunger!
According to a recent report by UNEP and the World Resources Institute (WRI), about one-third of all food produced worldwide, worth around US$1 trillion, gets lost or wasted in food production and consumption systems. When this figure is converted to calories, this means that about 1 in 4 calories intended for consumption is never actually eaten. In a world full of hunger, volatile food prices, and social unrest, these statistics are more than just shocking: they are environmentally, morally and economically outrageous.
It is really sad to read about reports like these. However, you can make a difference. Why don’t you ask the community leader in your area, about how you can give to your community? Like some of my friends here, we came together and asked the community leader at our place to let us help the kids in our area whose parents can’t afford to get them private tutors to teach them English. We gave one hour of free tuition to learn English every Saturday here in downtown Bangkok. We also extended our community service to reach out to the people outside the city. We go to remote places, deep in the forest to meet the peasants and their families
who really need help. We give them moral support and give clothes and other things to lessen their plight.
So what are you waiting for? Get on board and make a difference! Every little thing you do for someone in need will go a long way to make a difference in that person’s life.
Related articles across the web
Have you ever had the experience of not getting what you really wish for? Have you failed in moving forward with your projects because things seem not to be going your way? Well, take heart! Don’t give up! Don’t quit for any reason. Stand your ground and go through the turbulence that life offers sometimes, because without those hard times, you may take life for granted.
Sometimes I’m amazed to watch tiny ants carrying objects several times bigger than themselves. I look, and I see a tiny ant carrying a Goliath size of food which it wants to store for future use. It will carry it up hill. When it thinks it has reached its destination, this tiny insect will tumble down, together with the dinner it has found. The interesting thing is that this creature never gives up. It gets hold of it again and tries one more time. Down it comes, with its over-sized load, and yet, it will continue to try in different ways until it finally succeeds!
Watching ants at work can give you tons of encouragement. These little creatures amaze me always! I have learned a lot of things from these little friends called ANTS:
1. They work both as individuals and as groups: – ants can work independently or as a group. They take on tasks that seem very laborious for such tiny creatures. They know when to call for assistance from their mates. When it is time to call for help, they don’t hesitate.
2. They never give up: – with their size, you may be tempted to overlook the enormous feat that ants can attain. How do they accomplish all those heavy-duty tasks? They meet them through persistent efforts. If they fail, they will find another way to do it all over again, and they will not stop until they succeed!
3. They are hard-working: – ants work very hard in whatever task they undertake. They work tirelessly in carrying things across all sorts of terrain. There is no obstacle that can stop them from doing the job they set their eyes on.
4. They prepare for the future: – ants are a few species of living things (aside from human beings) that make better preparations for the unforeseeable future. They don’t take chances. I wonder how they know when it is time to prepare for the next season, while some people do not even know what to do for their own lives! They have very tiny brains and yet ants are able to plan out where and how to find their food for the days, weeks and months ahead. Incredible creatures!
5. They work against the odds: – I think ants are immune to obstacles that stand in the way when it comes to taking on mammoth tasks. Sometimes you may see ants carrying objects on a fast-flowing streams and rivers. They are swept away by these fast currents and yet, they will continue to work against the currents until they reach their destination with their out-of-proportion loads of burden. Strong winds may blow them away from their targets; however, they go right back to take on the task at hand and start all over again.
6. They dare to take on tasks that are way too much for their stature: – do you sometimes stop to ponder on how ants take on such heavy-duty tasks? Sometimes I wonder how so small a creature dares to tackle undaunted stints. It is like a mouse trying to pull an over-sized sleeping bulldog! Sometimes some people lose all hope at the mere sight of the task to be attempted. You may feel intimidated by just looking at what you are supposed to do. We all experience situations like that at one point of our daily lives. Sometimes when I go for a walk at a park and I look at the size of the park, it gives me shivers in my bones, at the fact I am going walk around this huge park. In this situation, the most important thing is to get started. Once I get started, I don’t look back. I make sure that I accomplish the task. Ants are like that. They take tantalizing duties upon themselves and finish them with positive results.
7. They get things done: – you may have the desires and all the energies needed to take on various tasks, however, if you don’t get things done at the end of the day, there is nothing to celebrate for! You may have all the impetus to start a noble cause, in spite of that, if you do not achieve your goal in the end, you can never say you have succeeded. Like the ants, when you get things started, you should get things done, so that you can proudly say, this is what I have done! A dream comes true!
8. They have the best teamwork mechanism: – ants will quickly team up to make bridges to ferry their cargo across a broken link along their path. They can also take turns in leading the hunt. The stronger ones will start the haul and when they get tired, new ones with fresh energy will take charge. They do not argue about who should get dirty first, they just give a helping hand as the situation calls for it.
9. They are good improvisers: – ants will stop at nothing to do their tasks. When they come to dead-ends, they quickly improvise and find a way out of every untenable situation that pops up to thwart their efforts. This is a characteristic of highly successful people. Like the famous violinist, Paganini, who could play even better with only one violin string at his disposal, so are the MIGHTY tiny ants.Nothing can practically, stop ants from setting goals and accomplishing them, even if all odds are against them.
If these tiny creatures can plan, set out and do tasks set before them and attain positive results, so can you! You can do much more than the ants!
So, Wake up! Stay up, and DON’T give up! FINISH UP, and enjoy the rewards of your hard work!
When you hear the phrase: “Back to square one,” what comes to your mind? Does it mean that you should go and look for squares and get into the first square? Or maybe, if you can’t find a square, you draw your own squares and stand in one of them!
Well, “back to square one” simply means “starting all over again.”
I remember during my school days, my teachers will shout when we (the students) were learning new information: AGAIN! REPEAT! ONE MORE TIME! All those commands sent us “back to square one.” And I didn’t like going back to the beginning. I thought it was just a waste of time. But what I realized later on was that, it helped me and the other students to learn and remember whatever we learned very well, and because of that, I still remember some of the things I learned many, many years ago. I can even recite some of the English poems that I learned more than thirty years ago. Wow! There is really something good in going “back to square one”
In this world that we live in, in order to get the best results in anything you do, you should never get tired of going back to square one, because it is the road to perfection. I know that there are a few geniuses in the world, but I don’t know about anyone who can just do everything once and get the best results without doing them several times! That person should be a super-genius!
The lesson that l learned from this expression or phrase is that, it is not a crime to fail! However, it is a big mistake not to try again when you fail! It is like going for a driver’s license. Some people may go through all the processes just once and pass and get their driver’s licenses, while others may have to do it many times. But don’t worry if you have to do it several times. At the end of the day, you will gain more experience that will help save your life later.
Have you failed to accomplish some task(s) recently? If so, DON’T WORRY! Just go “back to square one” and start over. The important thing is to find the right way of doing whatever you want to do. When you find the right procedure(s), then you make sure that you do not make the same mistakes you made before. Anytime you go back to square one, find a different method that will help you get the desired results. Don’t repeat the same mistakes! Change your method and use a new method, and continue to do that until you finally get the right results.
Have a good day!
At the end of the day, there is always something to reflect upon. You may think again, about the opportunities that came your way and you missed! Teachers will reflect on the classes that were made unteachable by some naughty students. In the same way, students will reminisce on the topics they couldn’t comprehend (what all those scientific terminologies were about). Sales persons will ponder on their prospective customers who were about to make purchases but for one reason or another, didn’t.
The list can go on and on, but for me, whatever happened in the past is gone and gone forever! We may never be able to retrieve those missed opportunities. However, don’t lose hope! Don’t be downcast for those lost precious moments! As the saying goes, “Tomorrow is another day.” Come tomorrow, you will have another chance to make amends for what you have missed.
So as the hectic working week comes to a close (Thank God it’s Friday), just spend a little time to look back and take note of those things which you were supposed to carry out but couldn’t. Then make a better preparation so you can meet your expected goals and aspirations next time. And to To those who experienced positive outcomes in the past week, I will say congratulations, for your successes in whatever you excelled in. Keep it up and work harder to make more successes!
May your weekend restore your health to the topmost gear, so you can do better in the new working week that will soon come. Have an amazing Weekend!
Related articles across the web
It is often distressing to come across people who complain just about everything! Nothing is good enough for them! It is even more stressful to live with a person whose job is to complain about everything instead of finding the way out of any ugly situation that pops up its ugly head.
We have all heard these statements before: “I can’t do this!” “This is too difficult!” “How do I know which one is better?” “Can you do that?” And the whining can go on and on forever.
But thank goodness; there are always true life stories that debunks all complains that people make in order to opt out of even trying to make an attempt to do anything.
Life is not easy, everybody knows that. There is nothing that everyone can do easily, without a lot of sacrifice and hard work. Some people sleep very easily, no matter where they find themselves. In fact, I have a friend who can fall asleep even while jogging. It may sound funny, but it is true. Whereas, there are people who find it so hard to fall asleep, and for that reason, result to the use of drugs to help them to go to sleep.
No matter what the problem may be, the KEY is to FIND the RIGHT KEY(S)! If you can’t do something, find the reason why you can’t do that thing. Then the next step is to find alternative ways to do it so you can get the expected results. You should not just give up without finding the key to the solution of your problem! Remember, there is always a solution. The only thing you need to do is to find the key(s) so you can get to the right solution and obtain the desired result(s).
A couple of years ago, I looked at myself and saw that I have got excess weight, compared with my height. I had a pot belly, like a pregnant woman who can’t just give birth, after along pregnancy. So I thought to myself: “I am a man, so why should I have a belly like a pregnant woman? I need to do something about it.” It was really embarrassing to go to the beach and bare my pot-belly figure to the whole world to see.
So I decided to lose some of the excess baggage I was carrying in my body. I thought there was a magic wand, like that of Harry Potter, to use to make things happen in a flash, but there is no such thing in real life. I found out in my research, that if I wanted to get rid of my bulging stomach, all I had to do is to lose weight and then it will affect the rest of my body. For this reason, I thought the best way to lose weight is to go to a fitness center, and I did! I signed up with a fitness center for one year. However, I found no difference with regards to my weight BEFORE and AFTER signing up with the fitness center for a whole year. So I thought to myself: “why waste money on something that won’t work? Find something else to do that will work.”
I didn’t give up though with my quest to shed the unwanted body load I was carrying. As I was searching for answers, I came upon a news article on the internet, which said that in order to maintain the desired body weight; the Japanese people have a philosophy which goes: that you should never eat until you are completely full before you stop. Rather, you should stop eating when you are three-quarters full, no matter what your appetite craves. So I realized that I have been overeating, because, prior to reading that article, I had been eating until I could eat no more. But that was just one of the keys for losing weight, and I needed to find the other keys that were missing.
Then finally, I found the other missing keys: eating the right foods, exercising in open places, (like in the parks) and having a good night sleep. I had been missing all those things, and that was the reason why I didn’t succeed in my journey to the land of weight control.
After years of unsuccessful attempts to lose weight, I finally lost weight in just a couple of weeks, and now my protruding belly is almost as flat as a level ground!
You see, for years I didn’t lose weight no matter how hard I tried to get it down. However, when I found the right ways and implemented them properly, I lost almost 10 kg (22 lbs) in just a couple of weeks.
What made the difference is that I found the keys to unlock the door to the land of weight control. For over one year now, I have maintained this new-found weight, and I am making sure that I don’t go back again to square one, as so many people do after losing their excess body weight. You can do that too if you follow these guidelines.
- First, never give up on your quest to shed your excess body weight. Know that there is always a way to getting the desired results, if you persist in your endeavor. There should be no room for pessimism.
- Next, find the right key(s) that will help you to open the door(s) to the land of success. You can never cook a delicious meal if you don’t have the right ingredients. Find the right way(s) that will lead you to the right destination.
- Finally, use the key(s) properly to get to your final destination. You may have the right keys to success; however, if you don’t use them the way you are supposed to, you might not get anywhere. If you don’t use them in a sensible way, you might even get lost along the way, and you will never reach the goal of which you have worked so hard for.
In conclusion, I have learned in life, that there is always a solution for every situation; for every problem. The KEY however, is to get to the RIGHT KEYS. And once you have got the right keys, use them appropriately, and don’t stop until you reach your ultimate goal! REMEMBER, MOST PEOPLE WHO ACHIEVE EXTRAORDINARY FEATS ARE ORDINARY PEOPLE! IF THEY CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!
For recipes and weight loss stories, check the website below.
Consultant, South East Asia
Related articles across the web
This post is dedicated to those who believe in a Divine power other than human power, controlling the universe. Some people believe in God; some believe Buddha and others believe in something else.
Whoever or whatever you believe in, here is a place where we all can meditate on words that inspire and encourage us to move on with our lives even though life gets tough and sometimes we don’t know what to do. When all seem lost and don’t know what to do, look unto the higher power that can propel us forward to endure whatever difficulties that come our way, and march on to victory!
Welcome to the inspirational world!
Related articles across the web
In everything you do, there is a better way to approach it in order to achieve the best possible results.
I have had fingernail problem for over a year. I have been to two different hospitals; seen three different dermatologists, and yet couldn’t find a cure for it. These dermatologists prescribed some medicine (creams and some tablets) to combat this social-killer disease, but to no avail. I decided then to quit finding a cure for it, because I came to think that there is no cure for it, as one doctor told me the other time, that there is no cure for high blood pressure, but from my research, I’ve come to know that there is a cure for it.
This fingernail disease has been dragging my self-esteem level down. I feel very uncomfortable to even shake hands with my close friends, let alone with strangers, dreading their comments on my fingernails status. As a result, I began to take charge of my life. I started to search the internet to find alternative solutions (aside from conventional medicine), to get rid of this eyesore health condition.
I went through dozens and dozens of websites, and tried numerous remedies being advocated by those sites, and all of them couldn’t help. I got tired and gave up searching and continued to live with it as much as I can. However, on one occasion, when one of friends looked at my messy fingernails and felt pathetic for my situation, I began to feel the urgency of getting rid of this despicable health condition.
Back again, to the internet! I started searching once more, for the best way to cure this fingernail degradation once and for all! As it turned out, I stumbled on this website; https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Nail-Fungus, and it made all the difference! I think it is Godsend, because I have been praying for a cure by hook or crook, to free myself from this cantankerous disease. This website has 1 to 3 methods to get rid of nail fungus. I tried only one of the suggestions in method 1:
Apply Vick’s VapoRub. Administer a small amount of the decongestant rub to the nail and cover your feet with socks or your hands with cloth gloves before going to bed. Make sure to remove all moisture from the nail before applying Vick’s. I did and voilà! That was the turning point! My fungus-infested fingernails began their healing process immediately! It’s only a little over a week when I started applying the Vick’s VapoRub on them and they are clean as if nothing ever happened to them! Even the skin around the fingernails that I thought would never be good looking again, are now healing, and no more painful as they used to be two weeks ago.
What made the difference, you may ask. To me, what made the difference was my quest to find the right cure no matter the cost! I used the conventional method (going to hospital the; getting diagnosed and giving medicine) and it didn’t work. However, I tried the alternative medicine, and tada! There comes the cure I’ve waited for so long!
After this incredible experience, I came to know that the key to every successful outcome is to find the right keys and use them properly.
Every day, people try to find right answers for whatever they are pursuing; however, they fail simply because they could not find the right ways to go about them.
This breakthrough has taught me the following principles:
- Never give in and never give up, in finding solutions to your problems, even if takes all of your life to get the required results.
- Research, research and research again until you find the right ways to achieve your aim.
- Don’t be discouraged if you fail! Try again, and again. In the end, you will be victorious. It’s always better to do something than to do nothing at all.
- Don’t take anyone’s prognosis to decide your fate in anything. Your life is in your own hands. No matter what others say, you have the ultimate power to do or undo yourself a favor in reaching your goals in life. Remember, the sky is the limit! God for it; find the right answers!
- Finally, dare to make the necessary adjustments in whatever way possible to achieve your goals in life, whether it is to attain a successful career; a successful marriage life or a successful healthy life.
The bottom line: The key to successful endings is to find the right keys and used them properly and you can achieve almost everything you set your eyes on!
I’d be happy to hear from you too. Share your stories with us, and tell us how you found the “right keys,” in whatever you set your mind on doing. So long!
Related articles across the web
In recent times, a lot of people have been actively finding ways to stay healthy and live longer. Some folks go on yo-yo dieting in order to lose weight and stay fit. Others take up some form of exercise. Some also go to the extreme, and undergo surgical procedures to shed some of their unwanted fat deposits in their bodies, so that they will feel good when they go out into the public arena.
Because of the fact that so many people now want to find the best way to stay healthy and live longer, dietitians and health experts have been having field days, and have been choking us with so many “dos” and “don’ts.” Sometimes you don’t even know what to believe in. One research finding will come out telling us to avoid some types of foods, another research findings will come out to refute them. One group of experts will tell you that “carbs” are not good for your health, and the next day or so, another group will come out and tell you that “carbs” are good for your health. Which way should we go then? There is confusion everywhere, when it comes to foods that keep you healthy and make you live longer.
So what do we do then? Do we just give up and eat anything and everything because we will die anyway? Well, I think not, because it is unpleasant to get sick and go to the hospital and get tons of prescription drugs which only add more woes to your health problems.
Today, I would like to share with you, the top 5 places in the world where people live the longest, in order to see and learn for ourselves what makes them live long and healthy live.
They are as follows:
1. Okinawa, Japan
In Okinawa – an archipelago 360 miles off the coast of Japan – you’ll find the world’s highest prevalence of proven centenarians: 740 out of a population of 1.3 million. Okinawan seniors not only have the highest life expectancy in the world, but also the highest health expectancy: they remain vigorous and healthy into old age, suffering relatively few age-related ailments.
Secrets of Longevity: Widespread gardening provides an opportunity for exercise, sunlight and nutritious food, and Okinawans follow an old adage that says “eat until you are 80% full” instead of gorging. They also have a sense of purpose, a positive outlook on life and close social support groups called moais.
2. Sardinia, Italy
Sardinia is an island 120 miles off the coast of Italy where the men – mostly farmers and shepherds – are particularly long-lived. In fact, just one town of 1,700 people, Ovodda, boasts five centenarians.
Secrets of Longevity: Although part of the reason for Sardinia’s longevity may be genetic, they also have the opportunity to follow that healthy Mediterranean diet, as well as consuming lots of goats’ milk and cheese. They walk a lot, but they also take time for leisure, and maintain a positive attitude and sense of humor about life.
3. Loma Linda, California
60 miles east of Los Angeles, Loma Linda is a community that includes about 9,000 Seventh-Day Adventists – a religious group that is significantly longer-lived than the average American. Adventist culture is focused on healthful habits such as vegetarianism, and warns against alcohol and smoking.
Secrets of Longevity: Besides the healthful habits integral to their belief system, Adventists eat lots of nuts, drink plenty of water, exercise regularly and tend to maintain a healthy weight. They nurture emotional and spiritual health, value their family relationships, and prize volunteering.
4. Nicoya, Costa Rica
The remote Nicoya peninsula has an inland community in which middle-age mortality is surprisingly low: a man at age 60 has about twice the chance of reaching age 90 than a man living in the U.S. They also have the lowest rates of cancer in Costa Rica.
Secrets of Longevity: Their plan de vida or sense of purpose in life encourages a lifestyle that is physically active, with plenty of time outdoors as well as time spent on family and spirituality. They sleep 8 hours. And their diet includes not only nutrient-rich foods like colorful fruit, beans, rice and corn, but also water that’s naturally high in calcium and magnesium.
5. Ikaria, Greece
Ikaria is a Greek island 35 miles off the coast of Turkey. Like Nicoya, they’ve got a lot of nonagenarians: people there are three times more likely to reach 90 than Americans are. According to the Blue Zones website, “Chronic diseases are a rarity in Ikaria. People living in this region have 20% less cancer, half the rate of cardiovascular disease and almost no dementia!”
Secrets of Longevity: Boasting a mineral hot springs, Ikaria has been a health destination for centuries. Its residents stay active through walking, farming and fishing, but they also make sure to take time out to nap and socialize. In addition to their Mediterranean diet, they eat a lot of wild greens and drink an herbal tea that’s full of nutrients. Their community lifestyle also encourages good health habits and regular social engagement.
The above information courtesy of a post in A Place for Mom by Dana Larsen
Now looking at the secrets of longevity in the top five places where people live the longest, we can see similar patterns:
2. Exercise: – they share a common trait of active lifestyle; they actively get involved with using their feet and hands, which suggests that, laziness kills! If you are too lazy to get moving, you will get stuck and die early.
3. Sharing: – they have an attitude of generosity. They get involved in community activities, sharing whatever they have with others. Their selfless attitude helps them to give their time, money, things and anything they can offer, to help those in need. This means that selfish people may not live long! Give those things that you don’t need to those who really need them and you will have a sense of satisfaction and an accomplished life; life full of joy and pleasant memories. Life shared is much more fulfilling!
4. Purposeful life: – they live life with a purpose. If you live a life with a purpose, you are mindful of everything you do. You will not engage in harmful habits that will bring destructive consequences to your life. You will live a moderate life that will keep you safe for as long as it lasts.
5. Good rest: – lastly, the folks in these 5 places make sure that they have a good rest after all their activities. Your body has the ability to heal itself natural if you give it a rest to do just that.
A lot happens in your body while you sleep. When you get your ZZZs, you cycle between REM and non-REM sleep.
REM stands for rapid eye movement. During REM sleep, your eyes move quickly in different directions. That doesn’t happen during non-REM sleep.
There are three phases of non-REM sleep. Each stage can last from 5 to 15 minutes. You go through all three phases before reaching REM sleep.
Stage 1: Your eyes are closed, but it’s easy to wake you up. This phase may last for 5 to 10 minutes.
Stage 2: You are in light sleep. Your heart rate slows and your body temperature drops. Your body is getting ready for deep sleep.
Stages 3: This is the deep sleep stage. It’s harder to rouse you during this stage, and if someone woke you up, you would feel disoriented for a few minutes.
During the deep stages of NREM sleep, the body repairs and regrows tissues, builds bone and muscle, and strengthens the immune system.
As you get older, you sleep more lightly and get less deep sleep. Aging is also linked to shorter time spans of sleep, although studies show you still need as much sleep as when you were younger. (https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-101)
In conclusion, it is obvious that if you follow these simple ways of life, you will not need to worry about health problems, and will enjoy long, healthy life. So take control of life!
All the developers of D5 Creation have come from the disadvantaged part or group of the society. All have established themselves after a long and hard struggle in their life ----- D5 Creation Team